EIBI/IBI programmes managed by families, with supervision and support from UK YAP consultants.
This service is available for children located throughout the UK and world-wide.
- Follows the same researched model of EIBI/IBI as the fully-staffed core programme.
- 35-40 hours per week of 1:1 teaching.
- Tutors are recruited directly by the child's family and are not employed by UKYAP.
- A consultant is assigned to your child and they travel to your home. During a three-day initial workshop the consultant trains the tutors and parents in how to begin the programme for the child.
- Regular follow up workshops are provided to re-evaluate your child’s programme, design new goals, discuss and rectify problems and provide ongoing training for you and your staff.
- Follow-up workshops are conducted on a minimum frequency of a 3 hour workshop every 3 weeks, or a 6 hour workshop every 6 weeks. A workshop frequency of 12 hours every 12 weeks (two days) is arranged for families living overseas. In all cases, families are encouraged to have more intensive levels of supervision when possibly.
The importance of regular consultant supervision is detailed in our research paper: