Our core EIBI/IBI provision and a centre of excellence
A fully staffed home-based programme can be provided to children who live in most parts of London, Birmingham, Bristol, and some regions surrounding these cities.
- 35 hours per week of teaching conducted by a team of staff from UK Young Autism Project with an additional 5 hours teaching by parents.
- The majority of teaching is conducted at home, but for older children this may include more time in other settings such as nursery, school or college.
- Parents are an essential part of the team and play a key role in adopting interventions in their child’s everyday environment.
- Each team has a consultant, a senior tutor, and 2-3 tutors.
- Weekly team meetings to ensure programme progression and training for staff and parents.
We can only accept a limited number of children into this provision, who must meet specific location criteria. Those who live in different areas will qualify for the Parent-Managed Workshop-Based Programme.
Where a waiting list is in place, children may begin a Parent-Managed Workshop-Based Programme and then transition when a space is available.
This programme model is described in detail in our publication: